Monday, March 1, 2010

and so the thing began!

Well friends, we are finally on our way together. All of us different, but each with something to give. I want you to think about this experience like a trip with friends. Everyone gets a turn riding in the seat with the view.

When we meet we will be having an experience of 'direction in common.' Direction speaks about a word from God for our immediate lives. In common means that the word we receive will be received in community, together, and will touch all our lives.

This may be the first time you participate in something like this. If so, just relax and take it in and when you want, speak up. We will work together to learn to listen to the quiet voice of God.

Our meetings will last an hour and a half. This might be hard for our lunch meetings, but please understand that we need that time length. Also, when you come to our meetings please come with a question or thought from your reading/pondering the previous week. We will have time to discuss some of our puzzles.

And remember I welcome visits and conversations on email, in my office and even on this blog. This is OUR blog, so feel free to send me something to post, or put your thoughts in comments. I will write regularly, but I want to hear from you too.

So glad we are together in this! Marilyn

3 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I'm really excited about this 6 week formation adventure and what God has in store for us! Thank you for being available to God's leading and to us! - Maggie Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting my book on The Transcendent Self tonight. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Everyone gets a turn riding in the seat with the view."
    Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete