Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Transcendent Moment


I was having a rough morning- brought on by myself, not really because of the kids. And after lunch I realized we really just needed to get out of the house and burn off some steam. So I loaded all 3 kids, 2 bikes, and a jog stroller into the van and headed off to Centennial park.
When we got there I was busy unloading everything when Wesley said, "Mom, peace is here!" I looked up and said, "No honey, Peace isn't here", thinking he was referring to his friend, Peace. He said, "No mom! Peace. Peace is here."
I looked up, and it literally took my breath away. Beautiful blue skies, balmy, but abundant sunshine, birds chirping, and only one another person at the park (an elderly woman doing her daily walk).
So for the next half hour, I walked with Peace. Every time I would try to start to pray, or thank God for the surroundings, He would remind me, "Peace is here." I felt as if He was inviting me to simply be present in His Peace.
Maggie Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment